Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday Funday = Take Away Shows

This week flew by, even though I only had to work two days. It was wonderful and relaxing the rest of the week, although I'm already dreading the two work filled weeks ahead. But hey, that's life right?

I'm going to continue my new tradition of posting new and old music that I love, and have the utmost desire to share with you.  I think I will also try to do something with photos soon, maybe called a 'photo walk' where I take photographs along one of my daily (or unexpected) routines here in Korea.

If you haven't heard of the website LA BLOGOTHEQUE, you are being greatly deprived of amazing-ness. It's a website that gets artists from all over the world, stripped down, performing their songs in off the beat kind of ways, appropriately entitled "Take Away Shows".  Great artists perform in all the best cities in the world, in phone booths, elevators, parks, apartments, restaurants, you name it. It is very similar to another website I love called Black Cab Sessions, where the artists perform songs with whatever they can fit into the back of a cab. Very cool stuff here people.

Anyway, long post short, one of my favorite videos thus far from LA BLOGOTHEQUE (however there are SO many to pick from), is Iron and Wine's 'Tree By The River'. In this particular video session, Iron and Wine's, Sam Beam is in France drinking wine, and delivering a wonderful acoustic performance of 'Tree By The River'.


Iron and Wine | Tree by the river | A Take Away Show from La Blogotheque on Vimeo.

No comments: