Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Home is where...my bed is.

It has been a few days since being back in good ol' America. It has been a trip that's for sure. The trip itself was hell, but now that I'm on the other side it's not so bad. On the trip back I flew to Japan first, and then to Portland Oregon before coming back to my house in AZ. I have never felt so tired in my entire life, and getting off the plane my dad was no where to be found seeing as he went to the wrong terminal.

The last few days in Korea were definitely strange, packing up my entire life for the year. I ended up throwing away half of my stuff in order to make it all fit into my back pack. But it's just stuff right? On my last night, I went to dinner with a few of my close friends and coffee afterwards. On the way from the restaurant to the coffee shop, my friend managed to lose her wallet somewhere. We all searched the streets, asked the street vendors, and racked our brains as to where it could be. So we spent the rest of the night trying to figure out what to do, since my friend had all of her cards and cash in her wallet, and no cell phone. We ended up going back to my apartment and calling her mom to wire money over, and the rest of us pooled together our spare cash to give until the money was wired.

One of the things I'll miss most about Korea is the sheer generosity of the people when it comes to certain things. While we were all frantically trying to figure out how my friend was going to survive the next month with no money, there was a knock at my apartment door. Our upstairs friend was on the other side, saying she was on the phone with a clothing store that had found the wallet! It turns out the wallet had a business card of our recruiter inside, and the woman who found the wallet contacted our recruiter, who contacted our friend, who found us worrying in my apartment.

I have heard of many stories like these before in Korea. People who lose their ipods in cabs, purses in clubs, only to go back a day later and they are still there. It amazes me how things just show up in Korea, eventually somewhere down the line, that thing you thought you lost manages to show up again.

I have come down with a nasty cold since being home as well, and there is nothing better than being home while having a cold. I can stretch out on the couch, and ask my mom for hot tea and water. It really is kind of a treat to be sick at home, rather than on the road.

This summer brings many little trips through out the U.S, while I get my passport renewed. And we'll see what happens next! I will keep you guys updated!

Cheers!

3 comments:

blim said...

glad your home!!

blim said...

glad your home!!

The Dreamer said...

Awwww Blim-blam!!!! Thanks. I can't wait to see you in the future and sing Hansen together. Hearts!