Friday, May 28, 2010

Trade This Life To Be Back "home"? NEVER

I like to write things down. A lot. I write everything down. I write lists like crazy. I write what I'm thinking, or lyrics to songs I want to remember. I also tend to write down dates and times of things that I'm doing that I want to remember, or that I want to go back later and write in my journal about. Sometimes I have millions of pieces of paper folded up, and shoved into my bag, only later to find half of them a code that I cannot decipher.

Sometimes when I can't seem to find a reason why I would write a particular thing down, I just opt for taping or gluing it in my journal because it had to have been important right? Occasionally what I write down is hilarious, and other times it's quite disturbing. Once I found a folded napkin in the side pocket of my purse, that had a date and the word "HATE" written on it in capital letters. I can't remember what exactly I was doing on that date, or who exactly I was with, but it's clear that I was not pleased. And once I found a yellow sticky note that said, "Sandwiches here RULE. Come back. Order turkey". But no where on the sticky did I write where I had eaten this amazing sandwich.

The other night I got lost trying to go somewhere, and ended up spending what felt like an entire day on the bus. On the way home I wrote this in my notebook :
 

 
That pretty much sums it up.

1 comment:

SammiRae said...

you're HILARIOUS...