Friday, May 7, 2010

Trouble with a capital T

Dear Random Korean Cab Driver,

   I sincerely apologize for vomiting in your very clean cab last night. It certainly was not my intention to become so intoxicated, sometimes these things just happen. I also wanted to thank you for not kicking me out of your cab, you know, because of the vomit. I was highly impressed at your concern for my well-being, as I noticed you rolled down the window and even tried to slow down as I opened the door while you were doing 80mph over the Han River.

  In retrospect, it probably wasn't the best idea to go to Ladies Night for free drinks. But it was night time, I'm a lady, and I'm not sure if you've noticed..but Americans love free stuff. Needless to say, it was what led me to be in such a state while in your cab.

 I hope you know that I feel terrible about it today, and you're probably cursing me right now. Maybe you're not cursing me right now, your mother probably taught you better. I know what you're thinking, and yes my mother did teach me not to drink too much. But that's really here nor there, and like I said, these things happen sometimes.

  However, I did give you all my money last night. Which I'm fairly certain was double what the cab ride actually cost. So go ahead, treat yourself to something nice, or perhaps a new detailing job on your cab. Your choice.

  I hope you take my apology, although it's very likely I will never see you again. It's probably what's best anyway. Thank you again, have a wonderful Saturday!

 

3 comments:

SammiRae said...

Kathryn Ann...OH MY GEEZE...

The Dreamer said...

I know right?! FML. You would have hated me that night. But honestly, that happens to me like once every 5 years...so I think I deserve a Get Out Of Jail Free Card.

Side Note: On a lighter note, everyone was super impressed on how well I could walk in heels. Even in the condition I was in. That deserves praise right? They were 4 inch heels...just sayin'.

scott said...

i am neither too ashamed or too proud to say i have done this. it was a damned co-workers 21st birthday last summer. i gave the cab driver a ton of money, as well. 80 bucks if i remember correctly. he was not very forgiving of me, though, nor was he concerned about my well-being. it is hard to get yelled at and try to explain/defend yourself in that state. i can only imagine hanging with that situation in a foreign country. congrats.