Friday, June 11, 2010

World Cup 2010



Yesterday marks the first official day of the World Cup 2010. The World Cup is the greatest sporting event in the world, in my opinion. Despite the fact that soccer is insanely fun to watch, the amount of patriotism that comes out during this event is amazing.  I don't usually like to boast that I'm from America, but during sporting events like this it's nice to represent. I spent last night painting a white polo I bought from Emart as an American flag. I also painted a smaller South African flag in the bottom left hand corner of the shirt, and the back says USA! 

If the U.S wins this game it would be an OUTRAGEOUS win, and bring back memories circa 1950 the last time U.S played against England. It's gonna be a great game. 

This World Cup I also have paraphernalia for South Korea (because that would be wrong to be living here and not support their team), and of course Spain. I honestly think Spain could do very well this year.  I have a jersey from Barcelona that I'll probably sport when they play. I'm rooting for USA, Spain and Italy...although Italy and Germany I think will go the farthest. 

So in anticipation of the game tonight, USA! USA! USA! Ole!





No comments: